Tuesday, December 8, 2009

THE IRON MAN

London-sister visited today with my little niece.

I decided to use the time to make her a CD single for her birthday, with two recordings from 1994 - 'Junk' b/w 'Touching The Sun'. In the end I decided this was a daft & vain idea, they are lo-fi demos and my musicianship had yet to flower - but they are quite special songs to me (I have uploaded them to http://www.reverbnation.com/thecelebratedmrk if you would like to hear them)

I spent a long time equalising 'Touching The Sun', the pertinence of the lyrics that ended up echoing round my head amused me -

'Is it Winter or is it Spring? I don't know, no-one tells me anything,
Someone sighing, in my arms, it's too cold to remember anything' 
Touching The Sun

I aborted the CD-single idea and had a little sleep. Later on London-sister rang to say that when she had arrived today the iron was plugged in next to the TV for no good reason. When I go away I already hide the iron, but I'm going to have to start being its master full-time. She generally unplugs it if she leaves it for a second (any irritation caused by her fondness for unplugging everything is vastly outweighed by the safety benefits), but in this instance she was probably just trying to change channels or something and her wires got severely crossed.

Actually, I think we might have three irons if I scout about the house - I will establish which is the best and put the spares in the garage. Mum can still iron - when we can find the ironing board. It was missing for over a week until it turned up this morning - she had hidden it under her bed.

The past few days have been very pleasant - I went to London on Saturday afternoon (Mum missed her medication due to miscommunication, first time in ages) for a break, and came back Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment